Brum and the Kitten Rescue is the first episode of Series 4.
Previous: Brum and the Snow Thieves
Air Date: April 8, 2002
Granny Slippers' playful kitten, Lucky runs off into the Big Town, chasing after a ball of wool. She is soon stuck on the hands of the Big Town Clock. Brum saves the day by catching and reuniting her with her relieved owner.
- This is the first episode of Series 4.
- When this episode aired on BBC, it was renamed Brum and the Kittens.
- The clock tower that Lucky gets stuck up is The Old Joe Clock Tower, the exterior of Birmingham University.
- The sound effect of the fire engine siren was reused in Fireman Sam for Jupiter, and the sound of the fire station bell was also used in Brum And The Bank Robbers for a dynamite timer.
- This is the only episode on The Very Best Of Brum that didn't air in the USA.
- This is the fourth episode in which the Big Town (Birmingham) Fire Department appears, the first was Brum To The Rescue, the second Brum and the Street Party, and the third Brum Goes House Painting. The Volvo snorkel truck that they use in this episode can also be seen in Brum and the Street Party, most of the Volvo badges have been removed however, most likely due to copyright concerns, they are present in the earlier episode though. In addition while the truck in this episode has Big Town logos plastered over the real fire department's logos the original logos are still visible in Street Party.
- The scene with Lucky the kitten about to fall off the clock tower is a reference to the 1985 film Back to the Future.