This article is about the 2002 episode, You may be looking for the 1991 episode.
Brum and the Bank Robbers (or known as Brum and the Heavy Safe on TV.) is the seventh episode of series 5 in 2002
Previous: Brum and the Mischievous Mouse
Air Date: October 14, 2002
Bubble & Squeak, two of the Big Town Baddies, steal a safe containing Mrs Posh's jewels from the Big Town Bank. However, the baddies make their getaway by using a trolley, Brum takes off in hot pursuit of the loot, but the safe ends up in the Big Town river, Brum saves the day by diving in and retrieving the gems.
- This is the second time we see Brum tied up to a post, the first being Brum and the Pickpocket.
- This is the first time that Brum goes underwater.
- This is the first and only time we see a baddie use a bomb.
- This is the second time we see Bubble and Squeak steal a trolley from Granny Slippers, the first being Brum and the Airport Adventure.
- When this aired on BBC, It was renamed Brum and the Heavy Safe, in order to not confuse the viewers with the 1991 episode.
- In the close-up of Brum being tied to a rope, his spear tire at the back is raised.
- There is no way that Brum could go underwater as his engine would blow up.